Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Barwell 19 November - 4 December

Saturday 19th November

Jan and Dave set off at about 6am with the dogs Hattie, Bluebell and Star for their holiday.

When we get up there is the last dog Kaia to feed and take for a run before she is picked up this morning, the cats to feed and the poultry to let out and feed.

Cold but gorgeous sunny day.  Mid morning I make a quick trip to Hinckley for dinner, then at 1pm Aaron is off to his game.  The kids and stay home and sort ourselves into the house.  The kids spend most of the day in and out of the cattery playing with the cats, as well as checking on the chickens and keeping a count of the sheep.









Sunday 20th November

Damp morning, but not as wet as predicted.  Aaron and Aidan are off to the Leicester Tigers game this afternoon while Holly and I stay home in charge of cats and poultry, and bake a chocolate cake.


Monday 21st November

Rain, rain, rain. At least we aren't having the floods that seem to be happening down south.
Big day of school work working on the research project.  I ducked out to the supermarket mid afternoon, then home to do some more project work and cook dinner before the dog trainers arrive for the Monday night training.

Leicester
the tomb of King Richard III in the cathedral












Saturday
Rugby at Hinckley. Kids and I walked around Burbage common

Sunday
took off to Leicester to do some shopping

Monday 28th
thick frost this morning .
car picked up for service


Tuesday 29th

Set off this morning to Melton Mowbray to see the markets, watch the sales and eat pork pies and stilton.









In the afternoon we continued on to Rutland Water and had a nice walk around the lake before driving back to Leicester and going to Grill Stock for dinner.














Wednesday 30th

Frost and ice this morning so the kids spent a good deal of time smashing things up and making ice rinks for Holly's shopkins.

After setting them up with some work, I went into Hinckley to the supermarket, and once I got back we went out to Burbage common for a walk.


Thursday 1 December

Spent the morning at home working on the project. After lunch I went for a walk to Stapleton across the fields, then on my return we set off for Tamworth and a toboggan session at the snowdome, followed by dinner at Pizza Express.









Friday 2 December











Saturday 3 December

Spent the morning packing up and cleaning before taking Aaron to the rugby ground at old Newtonians. Then the kids and I drove to Bosworth Field to have a walk around the site of the battlefield.





Got back home at 5.30, not long before Jan and Dave arrived home from Scotland.


No comments:

Post a Comment